I can't connect to the server.
Why aren't I authorized to play Breach?
If you get the error message "Failed to Connect: Not Authorized" and you're using Steam as your launcher check in Steam that you have Breach listed in your Library (and not just in the DLC).
If that doesn't work, please try the following troubleshooting steps.
- Close your Game Client, Launcher and Steam. Use Task Manager to ensure all the applications are fully closed and not just minimized.
- Launch Steam.
- Select Library.
- Select Breach.
- Press Play to launch Breach.
Turn off running Steam as an administrator.
1. Go to your Steam shortcut, right click on it, and select Properties
2. Select the Compatibility tab
3. Remove the check for Run this program as administrator
Check Windows User Account Control settings
- Search in the Start menu for "User Account Control".
- Set the default setting to: Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default).
- Do a complete restart of Breach, close your Game Client, Launcher and Steam. Use Task Manager to ensure all the applications are fully closed and not just minimized. Then re-launch the game directly from Steam.
Send us a DirectX report
If none of this resolves your problem we would love you to reach out to support. We'd like to troubleshoot what could be causing this error and dxdiag reports will be helpful.
- Try to log into your game and get the error message.
- In Windows select Start type dxdiag and run the command.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will ask for permission to run a check.
- Once it's finished select Save All Information, saving it as a txt file is fine.
- Send us your file and any other relevant information.
Thank you for helping us track down issues and helping us improve Breach.